Friday, December 3, 2010

Still Here

I figured it has been so long since I logged in, I should post something to say what I've been up to recently. In addition to doing various chores that have accumulated, I've been QUILTING! I finished a project that will be a Christmas gift, so I won't be posting a photo until after the holidays. Then I found this RaNae Merrill design in a quilting magazine, and just had to try it. Plus of course I wanted to try out my new sewing machine, which I love. I ended up getting the new Janome 7700 and am enjoying the few features that I've used so far. I'm taking a class next week at the place where I bought it to learn more about how to use it. I've also pieced a baby quilt for my nephew and his wife; well actually, for the baby that is due next month. I need to buy some thread before I can quilt it so I'll post a photo once it is done. And whenever I get a chance, I work on the Karen Stone quilt. I never seem to have enough different fabrics for it, though you might think otherwise if you saw the top of my sewing table when I'm trying to select which ones to use for the next block.So of course I've been making the rounds of all the quilt stores in the area, which is always a fun thing to do. And now it is time for Christmas shopping, plus we are going to Sanibel Island, Florida next week for some real R&R. Never a dull moment.

No comments: