Monday, March 31, 2008

FBG in Gap, PA

After my quilt fabric shopping on Friday (see the previous post), I headed for a B&B I had found on the web -- The Creekside Inn. It was very nice, and I met some other quilters who come to the shows every year. The owners told me about yet another fabric store which I went to Saturday morning.

Then I headed to the Sadsbury Friends Meeting House in Gap, PA.

One of the founders of the meeting (Andrew Moore) is an ancestor of W's and I wanted to see if I could find any graves of his descendants in the Friends Burial Ground (FBG is a common term on genealogical sites). From what I could tell from information on the web, the current building is not on the original site and I was not successful in finding any more about where the oldest graves are. Apparently even if you can find them, many are worn so much you cannot read them, and many of the ancestors were buried in unmarked graves. But many of the graves in the Sadsbury FBG contain names very familiar from my tracing the Moore ancestors.

No comments: