Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Weather

Why do I ever believe weather forecasts? We are trying to go to the Adirondacks for our monthly visit. We had planned to leave today, but the weather didn't look good so we were going to go tomorrow. The main issue was a chance of sleet or freezing rain, which we definitely would not choose to drive through. Plus, I have a virus of some sort (sore throat and achy but hasn't progressed to anything more) and waiting another day seemed like a good idea. For a week now the forecast for camp has been sunny and cold for Thursday. It seemed like a good day for the drive. We would come home on Tuesday, in time for me to go to chorus rehearsal.

But..... Our wonderful caretaker just emailed me that we might want to rethink our plans. The forecast has completely changed. Now they are supposed to get up to 10 inches of snow between today and tomorrow.

I'll do another post once we actually get there, so folks know where we are. Right now, we're looking at going up Friday or Saturday (I'll skip chorus rehearsal next week) and staying about a week. There is a quilting class on the 17th that I'd really like to go to. But W has some plans for next week that would have to be changed. So not sure yet what we are doing. At least there should be plenty of snow for skiing once we do get there.

No comments: