Saturday, February 9, 2008

At Camp

And on line!!! When I plugged in the modem yesterday after we arrived, only the power light came on. Since the "system" light was not even on, I assumed I had a real problem. But this morning we snowshoed down to the lake and discovered the antenna completely covered with snow. Cleaning it off (and reconnecting a ground wire that had come undone) fixed the problem. Whew. For a while there I thought I'd be off-line for the duration of our stay. I kept telling myself I had plenty of other things to do and that it didn't matter - but I didn't really believe it. Am I pathetic, or what?

We have LOTS of snow again. We shoveled a couple feet off the deck. And it is obvious that the earlier snow did not all melt in the thaw that was happening as we left last month. There are huge piles by the driveway that may still be there in June. And we are due to get up to 8 inches more today and tomorrow.

But that is what we are here for. We hope to snowshoe on the trails around the museum this afternoon.

No comments: