Friday, December 21, 2007

Arthritis Medicine Revisited

Just to update the thoughts on the previous post on this subject. The Naprelan definitely works. I was wrong about the dosage - it is two 375 mg tablets a day, which is more than Aleve. But you would think that the inital burst of medication you get when you take an Aleve would work, versus the time-release Naprelan, and it does not work nearly as well. Plus, once I get the inflamation under control I can switch to one tablet a day of Naprelan. Just to be sure that the pain didn't just leave on its own, I stopped all medication for a couple of days. When it woke me up in the middle of the night, I made the decision to go back on Naprelan for the forseeable future. It was good to know that the Naprelan is really working on the inflammation and is not just a pain killer. If it were, the pain should have returned right away.

I am looking forward to cross-country skiing and snow-shoeing at camp next week and signed up for a line-dancing class next month :)

No comments: