Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Paddling Long Pond

Today's paddle was supposed to be on the northern end of Upper Saranac Lake.  But there recently was a toxic algal bloom there, and reports said that even though the algae had dispersed, the water could still be toxic.  So we decided we had better find a different place to paddle.  We didn't have much time to decide on a new destination, but in hindsight we should have taken more time than we did because the new destination we decided on, Long Pond, requires a 1/3 mile portage to get to the lake.  I thought I could do it, even though I haven't been able to do much walking due to chronic Achilles tendonitis.  The evening before the paddle I hurt my foot more and decided I couldn't do that walk.  So W and the others went and had a good time.

No comments: