Monday, August 31, 2020

Paddling Piercefield Flow

I finally got back on the water after a two-week hiatus.  We paddled the Flow two weeks ago and while carrying a boat up from the lake I fell and sprained my foot.  So I have been taking it easy.

Today's paddle was just a slow meander enjoying the beautiful weather and calm water.  I explored one of the narrow inlets much farther than I expected to get.  I turned around when the alders got too close together.
























Then back out onto the lake for more exploring.


















I enjoyed the stumps reflected in the water.

































I finally took a good look at the sign defining the easement around part of the lake.  It turns out that much of the land is still owned by a timber company.

No comments: