Thursday, July 6, 2017

The Six Carries Paddle

I did the six carries paddle with the group today.  Since I didn't have anyone to help carry my boat, it was quite a slog that I don't think I'll do again.  The first carry is over 1/2 mile long and there are two others that are at least 1/4 mile.  Some of the "lakes" in between are so small it seems like mostly carries interspersed with short paddles.  I would have liked to pause for photos - the rose pagonia orchids are blooming - but since I am slow on the carries I pushed along on the paddling portions.  After the carries there are three larger lakes but wind can be a problem on them.  This time the winds were at our back so that was good.  We were afraid rain would force us to shorten the trip but the weather was surprisingly good.

No comments: