Thursday, May 4, 2017

Another Great Day in Princeton

I've been so busy I don't have time to blog about what I'm doing, which I guess is a good thing.
This morning we went to another of the 55Plus lectures in Princeton.  The speaker was W. Steven Barnett from Rutgers.  His topic was "Does Public Preschool Education do More Harm than Good."
It doesn't, especially when it is done well, which it turns out is the case in some parts of New Jersey.

Since our favorite deli in Kingston is no longer open, we went searching for someplace else for lunch.  I had heard about the Pennsylvania Dutch Farmers Market in Kingston and wanted to check it out.  What a great find.  We spent an hour there exploring the different vendors, having lunch, then lots of shopping.  We got fantastic smoked pork chops and lunch meat from the butcher, goodies from the bakery, salads from another stand, etc.  We'll have to be sure to go back next winter for the monthly pig roast - last Saturday of the month in January through October.  I'm sure it will be delicious.

Then we walked the towpath south from Kingston.  It was a very nice day.




No comments: