Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Knee Surgery Update

I decided to give a progress report on my knee, just in case my other knee goes bad some day and I want to look back at my reaction to the first surgery.  I sure hope I don't have to go through another surgery, but I am so happy with the results I just might consider it again if necessary.  My only complaint at this point, 7 weeks after surgery, is that discomfort in my knee wakes me at some point each night, I think as a result of keeping it in one position for too long.  But it is just discomfort not pain.  The only pain I feel is when the PT pushes on the bent knee, trying to get just a few more degrees of bend.  But I can already bend it to 105 degrees on my own, which is pretty impressive.  The only thing I can't do is walk downstairs normally, alternating legs; that is apparently the last thing to return to normal.  There are even times during the day now when I completely forget about it and just go about my business.  I take a walk every day and can easily do a mile, which is much more than I could do before the surgery.  I can't wait to get back to aerobics class but that should probably wait until PT is done, probably at the beginning of January.

No comments: