Friday, July 15, 2011

I Did It....

Biked 16 miles, that is, on hills no less. And that is something from a resident of the coastal plain. I'd never biked that far, ever, and certainly not on hills. We parked at the little park in Gabriels, at the intersection of Route 86 and the Gabriels-Onchiota Road. Then we biked south on Route 86 for a little over a mile, then turned onto the road to Bloomingdale. Going that direction was definitely the way to do it, since we got a nice ride down a very long hill that I wouldn't want to try to bike up. Then in Bloomingdale we turned up Oregon Plains Road and rode its length to the Gabriels-Onchiota Road as we did last month. The final leg took us back to our starting point. The weather was great and there was little traffic, but I'm not sure I can say I enjoyed it. It was certainly great exercise and I'm sure I'll get better at it if I get my legs (and my butt) in better shape. It had been a couple of weeks since I'd been on the bike. We'll have to be sure we get out at least once a week if we want to do more long trips.

No comments: