Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Love My Boat

Thirteen of the usual gang went paddling today from Hoel Pond, through Turtle and Slang to Long Pond and back again, ending at Ginger and Bill's, for a total of about 10 miles. The weather was pleasant, though not as warm as we expected it to be. And we saw the usual wildlife - lots of loons, an eagle, and a great blue heron.I got in and out of the boat many times and carried it a lot and it performed wonderfully. I carried over the railroad on the way out from Hoel to Turtle and went through the culvert on the way back. Between Turtle and Slang is a very shallow spot where I got out and walked the boat. Then there is a carry between Slang and Long Ponds. We got out and lunched at a vacant campsite on Long Pond. As usual our trips serve as a good advertisement for Placid Boatworks.Then at the camp we of course got out and hauled the boats onshore to make room for everyone. It is very easy with the lightweight boat. I'm so glad I got it.

No comments: