Friday, November 13, 2009

Tote Bags

The reason I have not been posting much recently is that I've spent all my spare time sewing tote bags to sell at Poricy Park's annual Holiday Shop. One quarter of the proceeds go to support the park which in turn supports Rebecca's Reels Quilt Guild by providing space for us to meet, exhibit, etc. And the rest of the proceeds go to me, which is great but probably doesn't even cover my material costs. But that is fine. I mostly did it to support the guild and to experiment with colors and designs. I probably won't do something for the holiday shop again though. I ended up under a lot of pressure to finish in time. I'm on jury duty this week and next (more on that later) which really cut into my available time. Of course I didn't need to make so many bags, but once I had the fabric I wanted to do as many as I could. Here is the result.

1 comment:

SquirrelQueen said...

Beautiful bags, the fabrics are very pretty. I also looked at your earlier posts and I love your photos.

Have a great weekend.