Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Jersey

Today we drive back to camp after a busy week in NJ. Over the weekend we worked on S's porch. During the week we visited AA&J, where A and I picked some blueberries and peaches; I picked blackberries at the Berry Farm in Colts Neck; we walked on the beach; we participated in the MCC sing of Bach's B Minor Mass; we did lots of shopping, including buying yummy corn-on-the-cob to take back; and last evening we went to an organ concert in Ocean Grove. So we got to do lots of the things I've been missing since we aren't in NJ during the summer.

When I was looking to see if there would be an organ concert we could attend, I looked up the schedule online and saw that yesterday's recital included "The Storm" but gave no more information. So I googled it and this is what I found. Check out the link - it proves you can find anything on the web. It is a NY Times article reporting that Ocean Grove residents complained that "The Storm", an organ piece which we now know is by Jacques Lemmens and is otherwise known as "Grand Fantasia in E Minor", is so loud it "disturbs their afternoon naps and annoys them at tea time". The article was published July 16, 1909.

No comments: