Saturday, June 6, 2009

Fretty Plowers

Remember the LP we used to have with the Muppets' tale of a princess who reversed the first letters of words?.... (At least I think that is what it was.)

Anyway, I planted my annuals in planters on the deck today.I bought them at the Flowering Meadows Nursery in Lake Placid where we purchased our fir and spruce trees, since I thought they would have a good selection. The plants are very nice, but not nearly the selection I'm used to from "down south". I got beautiful tuberous begonias for the shade (they didn't have many left so it is a good thing we went when we did. If they had still had fuschia in hanging baskets, I would have gotten some for the front porch) and in the planters more in the sun I put geraniums (I'm a sucker for those gorgeous clear colors) and Calibrachoa, those trailing flowers that look like miniature petunias.

1 comment:

A said...

Hee, hee! "Bake the hall in the candle of her brain." It's The Frog Prince. Here's the link to Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Frog-Prince-VHS-Kermit/dp/6302980984