Sunday, August 3, 2008

Waterfalls

I flew back to Albany from Baltimore this morning. Since I hadn't driven through Keene and the high peaks for several years, I decided to take that route back to camp. And since I'm not a high peaks climber, I collect waterfalls instead. That is something else that occurs in abundance in the area, especially this year with all the rain. I chose two that were fairly near the road.

Split Rock Falls
Roaring Brook Falls - I couldn't get a good view of this one without crossing the creek, which I decided not to attempt. There is also supposed to be a distant view from the road but I had already passed that point. Maybe next time.

I also stopped by Noon Mark Diner in Keene Valley for a piece of their highly-touted pie. It was good, but not the best I had ever had.

No comments: