Saturday, July 7, 2007

Damselflies, Dragonflies, and Owls - Oh My

Elegant Spreadwing
Marsh Bluet
Hagen's Bluet
Eastern Forktail
Calico Pennant
Chalk-fronted Corporal

Those are some of the damselflies and dragonflies the class identified in my Damselfly and Dragonfly training at the Wildcenter today. I even managed to catch one in a net. Hopefully I'll be able to put the training to good use in the Adirondack All Taxa Biodiversity Inventory to be done in a couple of weeks at Paul Smiths' VIC.

And since the training was in the Wildcenter (otherwise known as the Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks) and since it was Saturday, which is their bird of prey display day, I was able to take the following owl photos. The first one is a screech owl and the second one is a great horned owl.

No comments: